Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Pizza Pizza!










It goes without saying that one of the great pleasures of Paris is the food, and while there is fabulous food all over Paris, finding good food in your own neighborhood is tres important! The President's favorite boulangerie is in my neighborhood, and his favorite baguette IS delicious. And right across the street from said boulangerie is a little Italian restaurant that won my heart today.

The Pizza Isabella is a treat made of thinly sliced ham, cheese, and herbs, and I ate half of one for lunch (and the other half for dinner, bien sur)! Unlike American pizza joints, there are no little shakers of months old herbs, peppers, and what passes for parmesan cheese. Instead there is a bottle of olive oil infused with tasty herbs. You pour the olive oil on the pizza, and oh my, is it tasty!

After lunch I went to the boulangerie and picked up a baguette and three mini-macarons (caramel du sel--my favorite flavor). While the baguette is very tasty with a great texture, the macarons are not up to the expectations set for me by Laduree. I ate them, of course, and enjoyed them, but they aren't the melt in your mouth, savor every crumb tasty of Laduree. S'ok. I know how to get to several Laduree's, and while the baguette is a staple, macarons are (uh, well, they should be) a treat.

I'm attaching pix of the tasty pizza and the bottle of olive oil--just to make you jealous.

Oh, and on the practical front, I visited my bank today, picked up my carte bleue (ATM/debit card), and updated my address. Making progress!

Tomorrow I have GOT to apply for my CDS (residency card). From what I hear, that's a nightmare. I'll let you know.

A bientot!

1 comment:

  1. Again - so jealous!!! When I went to the Dominican Republic a few years back I met some wealthy locals who showed me around and took me to this restaurant The Atlantis http://www.atlantis-hotel.com.do/uk-restaurant.html The owners/chef was the formal personal chef to....François Mitterrand

    OMG G - Twas the most amazing meal of my entire life!!! I can't wait to visit you - I'll be sure to bring my Sansabelt pants!! :)

    ReplyDelete