Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Please Dress Up!

Not much to update you on today. Went to the Carnaval parade on Sunday, a parade which has been going on for over 500 years. I couldn't seem to get a good picture of any part of the parade even though I saw a great looking dragon and a couple of beautiful giant puppets. I do, however, have a cool triptych of sorts to show you. We were on our way to the parade when we came upon this great painting urging people to "PLEASE dress up." As you've no doubt heard, many of Paris' tourists are less than fashionable, and it really hurts the eyes of the locals to see so many sweatshirts, sweatsuits, and tennis shoes, not to mention, fanny packs. Ha! I love this painting, and my friend Allen suggested that I get the stoplight in the shot as well. He stood guard and made sure that no motorists took me out, while I stood in the middle of the narrow street to take the pix, and I actually got shots with green, yellow, and red lights. Very cool. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment